I am happy to announce “in person” music lessons have resumed, following Government guidelines on hygiene and infection control. Please get in touch for more details.
Also, continuing to offer online virtual lessons via Zoom
The Pandemic shown us new ways to communicate and here at Claire Gullan Music, the online lessons have been a success! Students continued to prepare & sit exams with excellent results – A very proud moment was Annabel gaining Distinction in her ABRSM Grade 8 Violin exam!
All you need to enjoy violin or fiddle lessons at home is a laptop / pc / tablet / phone with a camera, your instrument and a decent internet connection!
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
- You sitting at a PC/ laptop/tablet in the comfort of your own home, with the programme “Skype” (or Whats App) used to communicate the lesson. Your head, shoulders and violin, when playing, should be at the same height as the camera. Using a headset will improve the quality of sound at your end, but is not essential. Ensure there is minimal background noise. Try to be in a bright room, or have the lights on.
- I will send you music and/or exercises in advance which you print out before the lesson. You may need to send me a photo of the page in your book we are working on. Using a music stand for your music works best here.
- Zoom has a recording facility to make recordings of exercises & tunes for you to revisit at any time.
- You will need to be set up at your computer 5 mins before the lesson time to ensure smooth running.
- Payment is taken in advance of the lesson by internet/phone Bank Transfer OR Paypal.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
The social distancing and self isolating situation we have found ourselves in looks to be here for the foreseeable. Everyone’s lives have been knocked out of routine. Engaging in online violin and fiddle lessons can:
- bring some sort of structure and normality to your day to day life,
- help maintain focus,
- keep your brain active,
- relieve boredom and distract from worries,
- use your time positively.
HOW CAN I BOOK A LESSON IN PERSON OR ONLINE?
Contact me and I’d be delighted to hear from you to see if we can get a way to make it work for you!
tel: 07759950404 or 0141 562 4082