ONLINE VIRTUAL LESSONS
via Skype or Whats App video call
During these unreal times we have found ourselves in, I have moved all private tuition to an online virtual platform. All you need to enjoy violin or fiddle lessons at home is a laptop / pc / tablet / phone with a camera, your instrument and a decent internet connection!
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
- You sitting at a PC/ laptop/tablet in the comfort of your own home, with the programme “Skype” (or Whats App) used to communicate the lesson. Your head, shoulders and violin, when playing, should be at the same height as the camera. Using a headset will improve the quality of sound at your end, but is not essential. Ensure there is minimal background noise. Try to be in a bright room, or have the lights on.
- I will send you music and/or exercises in advance which you print out before the lesson. You may need to send me a photo of the page in your book we are working on. Using a music stand for your music works best here.
- Skype has a recording facility we can use to record sections of the lesson. The videos will be available for you in our Skype “chat” history to use again and again for up to 30 days!
- I will not be able to play along with you at the same time (there is a one second delay), so the lessons will be structured with me playing a bar or phrase then you playing back to me and so on. I will send you videos of me playing excerpts and examples if needed.
- You will need to be set up at your computer 5 mins before the lesson time to ensure smooth running.
- If you do not have a device with a webcam, we can do the lesson via WhatApp on your phone . The sound quality and visual picture will be good quality.
- Payment is taken in advance of the lesson by internet/phone Bank Transfer, Paypal payments using email, or you can use the Paypal payment button below.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
The social distancing and self isolating situation we have found ourselves in looks to be here for the foreseeable. Everyone’s lives have been knocked out of routine. Engaging in online violin and fiddle lessons can:
- bring some sort of structure and normality to your day to day life,
- help maintain focus,
- keep your brain active,
- relieve boredom and distract from worries,
- use your time positively.
HOW CAN I BOOK A LESSON?
Contact me and I’d be delighted to hear from you to see if we can get a way to make it work for you!
tel: 07759950404 or 0141 562 4082
Add me as a contact on Skype for a free test call. Search:
Claire Gullan (firstname.lastname@example.org)